- Chiquex is located 2.5 miles from the municipal seat of Santa Apolonia, and is made up of 136 families.
- Chiquex means “give change,” because many years ago there was a person in this place that provided this service, give change to people with big bills, giving small ones or coins.
- The main productive activity in the village is agriculture, especially corn and beans, but also: potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage.
- There is a pre-school and primary school (1st to 6th grades) in the community, attended by 110 children.
- 30 percent of the roads are dirt in very bad condition, and the rest are paved.
Integrated Approach to Development: We began our partnership with Chiquex in July 2016, and in June 2018 they completed our programs, including: